Until his date, today June 14 at the age of 49, popular producer, OJB Jezreel has made an impact in the music industry and many artistes who are successful today started their careers with him.
As the Nigerian entertainment industry mourns, OJB Jezreel, we take a look at the 5 artistes he helped jump start their careers. This list is to inform those not familiar with his rich production credits and a refresher to those that have forgotten the production exploits of the man known to millions as OJB Jezreel.
1. 2Baba Idibia: Shortly after 2face departed from the hit group, Plantashion Boiz, he sought the production prowess of OJB Jezreel who was the hottest music producer in the country at the time for his highly anticipated debut album.A huge success was recorded setting a yet to be beaten record not just in Nigeria but in Africa! 10million copies in Nigeria alone and 8million copies internationally.
2. Wizkid: Though the pop star became famous after he was signed on to Banky W’s co-owned music label, Empire Mates Entertainment, OJB revealed that he discovered his talent and even met with Wizkid’s parents to convince them to allow him pursue a career in music.
Wizkid recorded his first song with producer OJB Jezreel at the age of 11.
3. D’Banj: D’Banj’s entrance into the Nigerian entertainment industry in 2002 when he recorded his first song ‘Kiss Me Again’ featuring Rugged Man. The song was produced by OJB Jezreel.
4. Durella: Durella whose style was similar to D’Banj’s met with OJB for the production of his hit single ‘Wiskolo Wiska’ a hard hitting club track. The song became so popular that people thought it was D’Banj who sang the song.
5. Rugged Man: Rugged Man who had been in the underground scene for years met with OJB at his Silver Point Studios to record the classic ‘Ehen’ diss track featuring Nomoreloss. Years later, Rugged Man became the new champion of rap music in Nigeria after he released his debut album titled Thy Album Come which featured production from OJB and other Silver Point associate producers.